Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
AUSSIE SUMMARY: Asia open $0.7703, range $0.7701 - $0.7718, Europe open $0.7717,
range $0.7705 - $0.7718.
* AUD/USD opened the Asian session tracking the highs posted yesterday before
adding to its gains and printing a high of $0.7719.
* Throughout the European session, markets have consolidated and the pair looks
to close the week with gains of close to 0.9%.
* Firmer commodity markets (particularly yesterday) and strong performance in
AUD/JPY (which broke above Y87.00 for the first time since early November) have
been the key drivers with risk events to close off the week few and far between.
* Option expiries (to the tune of A$3.53bln) are set to roll off at today's NY
cut which could provide an anchor as volume dims ahead of Christmas.
* Initial support is located at $0.7685 (Daily cloud base), while key-resistance
is now seen at $0.7740 (38.2% fib $0.8125 to $0.7502).