Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- RES 4: 1.2653 High Apr 21 and the bull trigger
- RES 3: 1.2491 High Apr 26
- RES 2: 1.2413 20-day EMA
- RES 1: 1.2365/2419 Low Mar 18 / High Apr 27
- PRICE: 1.2264 @ 06:44 BST May 6
- SUP 1: 1.2252 Low May 5 and the bear trigger
- SUP 2: 1.2239 1.236 proj of Jan 28 - Feb 25 - Feb 26 price swing
- SUP 3: 1.2178 1.382 proj of the Jan 28 - Feb 25 - Feb 26 price swing
- SUP 4: 1.2105 2.0% 10-dma envelope
USDCAD is weak and touched a new multi-year low yesterday at 1.2252. This keeps the pair in bear mode following last week's move to fresh cycle lows. The break of 1.2365, Mar 18 low confirmed a resumption of the downtrend that has been in place since March 2020. MA studies are in a bear mode, reinforcing current trend conditions. The focus is on 1.2239, a Fibonacci projection. On the upside, initial resistance is at 1.2365/2419.