Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
BMO expects few changes at the April FOMC, but with its higher GDP growth forecasts for 2022-23, it has pulled forward its schedule for expected Fed liftoff.
- Statement: To acknowledge that economic activity and employment continue to pick up, and that inflation has moved above 2% (on base effects).
- Future action: Rate liftoff in Mar 2023 (previously said Jun 2023), with hikes every 6 months, and 2.00% terminal rate. Tapering announcement in Sep 2021 (BMO previously said Dec 2021). "A six-quarter window between the start of tapering and rate hikes fits into the "well before" characterization Chair Powell gave on April 14".
- BMO sees 'a chance' we will get a 5bps rise in IOER and ON RRP at the April FOMC.