1) Was the Bank Rate raised, and if so by how much? yes, 25 bps to 1.25%
2) Number of members voting for a 25bp hike? 6
3) Number of members voting for a 50bp hike (and who)? 3: Haskel, Mann & Saunders
4) Number of members voting for unchanged Bank Rate (and who)? 0
5) Did the MPC announce sales of gilts would start (and when)? No
6) Did the MPC issue guidance, identical or very similar to, its May line that "some degree of further tightening in monetary policy may still be appropriate..."? No, "scale, pace and timing of further increases in bank rate will reflect the committee's assessment of the economic outlook and inflationary pressures... will if necessary act forcefully in response"
7) Was the guidance outlined in question 6 specified to take place “in the coming months”? N/A
8) Was the guidance outlined in question 6 supported by “most members of the Committee”? N/A
9) Around what level and when does the Bank now expect CPI to peak? Slightly above 11% in October
10) Does the MPC outline more or less upside inflation risk over the forecast horizon? N/A
11) Does the MPC outline more or less downside growth risk over the forecast horizon? N/A
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof news and intelligence specifically for the Global Foreign Exchange and Fixed Income Markets, providing timely, relevant, and critical insight for market professionals and those who want to make informed investment decisions. We offer not simply news, but news analysis, linking breaking news to the effects on capital markets. Our exclusive information and intelligence moves markets.
Our credibilityfor delivering mission-critical information has been built over three decades. The quality and experience of MNI's team of analysts and reporters across America, Asia and Europe truly sets us apart. Our Markets team includes former fixed-income specialists, currency traders, economists and strategists, who are able to combine expertise on macro economics, financial markets, and political risk to give a comprehensive and holistic insight on global markets.
We are facing technical issues, please contact our team.
Your request was sent sucessfully! Our team will contact you soon.