Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: Contained ranges were generally in play for the G10 crosses during
Asia-Pac hours. Headlines were relatively limited as the latest trade war
overtures from Trump & Chinese state media offered little in the way of clarity
on the well discussed matter. Soft Aussie business confidence data & worries re:
Chinese producer price deflation provided the headlines of the regional data
- NZD was the marginal outperformer amongst G10. AUD/NZD continued its pullback
from the NZ$1.0700 region. The 2-Year AU/NZ swap spread sits a touch back from
the recent high, much like the AUD/NZD cross.
- USD/JPY ran into some headwinds at Y107.50, with talk of corporate sell orders
tiered in around there. Also worth flagging that the 38.2% retracement of the
move from Y112.40 to Y104.46 is situated at Y107.49.
- Elsewhere, GBP was well behaved as the suspension of parliament came into play
and PM Johnson failed to force a snap election through the Commons, as expected.
- Swedish & Norwegian CPI data provides some early interest in European hours,
with UK labour market data also due.