Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- "Most" GEMMs favoured a 10-12 year maturity with some calls for the 20-year area (MNI had expected the 20-year area). Investors favoured a 10-year launch in June or July with a longer maturity (25-30 year) to "follow later in the financial year". GEMMs favoured timing was split between June, July and September for the inaugural launch.
- MNI had expected the 2036 area to be the most in demand with some prospect of 2039 (as there is a gap in the current coupon curve) or 2043 (although we thought that was too close to the 2046 currently being built up as the 25-year benchmark.
- GEMMs favoured either 2038/2039 or 2043 in June, July or September. Investors preferred 2038/2039.
- GEMMs had some calls for ultra-long 2073/2074 in September.
- Investors saw a "few calls" for 2051, 2061 or the 35-year area.