Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EURO SUMMARY: EUR/USD: open $1.1888, Asia range $1.1888 - $1.1933, Europe range
$1.1926 - $1.1947.
* The overriding theme in Asia was one of dollar sales as month-, quarter- and
year-end rebalancing favouring sterling and the euro over the greenback.
* EUR/USD has pulled back slightly from European morning highs of $1.1947
heading into the NY crossover but still holds firm as the DXY index approaches
* The pair broke above resistance at the Dec1 high of $1.1940 but November highs
$1.1961 are still out of reach for the time being.
* Offers seen heading into the $1.20 level could make any further upside
difficult, but thin markets will keep price action erratic and less predictable.
* Main event risk is from the US today, with trade balance, weekly jobless
claims and the MNI Chicago PMI all due this afternoon.