Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- "Failure to place consolidated gross general government debt/GDP on a downward path over the medium term could lead to negative rating action."
- "Significant fiscal deterioration in 2020 was a key factor in Canada's downgrade to 'AA+'/Stable in June and the latest announcements point to continued risks of further deficit widening" Fitch says in report Thurs, referring to CAD39b of new relief/jobless benefits announced last week
- General government deficit now seen at 21% of GDP in 2020, "wider than our 16.1% of GDP estimate at the time of the downgrade."
- Spending still seen falling sharply in 2021, Fitch says
- Provincial govt deficits also climbing