Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Gilts turned bid on the weak US growth number, upending what had been a relatively directionless session for UK govies.
- Cash yields are now 2-3bp lower on the day with the belly of the curve slightly underperfomring. Last yields: 2-year 0.0184%, 5-year 0.3019%, 10-year 0.7620%, 30-year 1.2997%.
- The Jun 21 gilt future trades at 125.50, 23 ticks above yesterday's close.
- The construction PMI for April came in below expectations (61.6 vs 62.1) while indicating still rapid expansion in activity.
- The ruling Conservative party won a historic by-election in the Labour stronghold of Hartlepool, highlighting the severe difficulties that the opposition party is facing in presenting a credible election challenge in the Tories.