Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Risk-sensitive KRW has drawn support from easing global Covid-19 worry, with spot USD/KRW last seen -1.60 fig at KRW1,174.30. The nearby 100-DMA at KRW1,171.52 provides the initial bearish target and a break here would expose Oct 26 low of KRW1,164.05. Bulls look to a move through Dec 6 high of KRW1,186.95 towards Nov 29 high of KRW1,195.70.
- USD/KRW 1-month NDF last +1.44 fig at KRW1,174.50. Bulls look for a jump above Dec 6 high of KRW1,186.50, while bears keep an eye on Oct 26 low of KRW1,165.03.
- South Korea's daily Covid-19 cases stayed above 7,000 for the second day in a row, while critical cases hit another all-time high, reflecting a continued upward trend.
- The BoK will publish their quarterly monetary policy report at the top of the hour, in the wake of a board meeting.
- Elsewhere, South Korea's central bank told media outlets that Gov Lee will hold his bi-annual press conference on inflation target system on Dec 16.