Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
CABLE: Having struggled to make progress on shows above $1.2800 (high Jan9
$1.2804, Jan10 $1.2801) cable eased through Europe Thursday, eventually touched
a corrective pullback low of $1.2728 ahead of the NY open. USD came under fresh
pressure in NY, edged cable back up to $1.2781 before it settled back around
$1.2745 into the close. Fed Vice Chair Clarida continued the recent dovish tone
in a speech last night which acted to weigh on the USD again. Cable edged to a
high of $1.2768 in Asia before momentum faded and short term spec longs pared
back positions into Europe as rate eased to $1.2752.
- Brexit headlines remain key for sterling direction, US rate path influencing
Cable as well.
- UK GDP, IP/Mfg, Construction and Trade data all due at 0930GMT. GDP to provide
a better picture of Q4.
- US CPI 1330GMT, market median -0.1%mm, 1.9%yy. Ex food, energy 0.2%mm, 2.2%yy.
- Cable support $1.2740, $1.2728. Resistance $1.2780, $1.2800/10.
- EUR/GBP back above Gbp0.9000 but remains anchored close to this level.