Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Health Min Mkhize says first day of phase 2 Covid-19 vaccine rollout went relatively well, barring challenges presented by nationwide load shedding, and violent protests in the Free State.
- Noted 'a large number' of vaccinations, but figures were still being consolidated.
- Health dept has given a 24 hour window for the numbers to be properly tallied before releasing the figures.
- A dashboard will be launched for the tracking of vaccination numbers in real time
- Government has blinked first in wage negotiations with unions, offering a once-off 1.5% wage increase & R978 cash bonus after months of remaining resolute on promises for 0% in line with fiscal consolidation goals (trim wage bill by R300bn over 3yrs).
- This was rejected by unions which have remained firm on their CPI +4% demands (8.3%). Govt says there is sufficient cash for the offer it tabled, but no more - negotiations are still ongoing
- Eskom suspends load shedding today, after some units returned to power. Warned, however, that load-shedding will resume from 1700-2200 tonight, as the grid remains under severe pressure.
- Outlook remains unpredictable for the rest of the week - Eskom Twitter