Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
JGBS: JGB futures reclaimed 150.00 early on, with yields edging lower across the
board & modest curve flattening apparent. There was no notable reaction in the
JGB space after the BOJ left the size of its longer dated Rinban operations
unchanged, the offer to cover ratios from the ops can be seen below:
- 10-25 Year 2.01 (prev. 2.67), 25+ Year 3.88 (prev. 3.41), JGBis 5.79 (prev.
- The offer to cover ratio in the 25+ Year bucket ticked higher & comes in lieu
of a soft liquidity enhancement auction for 15.5-39 Year JGBs yesterday, which
promoted curve steepening and some trepidation ahead of today's Rinban.
- As a reminder 10-Year yields are > levels that triggered vol smoothing
operations from the BOJ in recent times, although the higher JGB yields remain
within the BOJ's acceptable range & focus remains on how - and how rapidly --
10-Year yields moves toward +0.2% or higher, MNI understands. The BOJ still
stands ready to curb higher yields through bond buying ops if the rise is deemed
too rapid (as we noted Thursday).
- The space will be closed on Monday.