Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: Markets toe the line ahead of payrolls
- In typical pre-payrolls fashion, most currencies are playing the range Friday
morning, with volumes sitting slightly lower ahead of the NFP release. AUD and
NZD are inching higher, with CAD extending recent weakness.
- GBP has had a slightly more eventful morning, however, with GBP initially
inching higher alongside comments from MPC member Tenreyro suggesting the labour
market could be nearing full employment. The price action then reversed,
pressing GBP/USD back to around flat on the day as she then stressed that poorer
data could result in a lower bank rate.
- Payrolls are expected to show 160k jobs added over December, but the whisper
number has edged a little higher, currently sitting at 180k. Average hourly
wages are seen inching higher for the MoM figure to 0.3%.
- The Canadian jobs report is also due, but there are no more central bankers
scheduled to speak.