Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Tensions between the U.S. and China were evident and weighed on broader risk appetite alongside reports pointing to Beijing's request to billionaire Hui Ka Yan to use his personal wealth and help alleviate debt pressure on the embattled Evergrande Group.
- CNH: USD/CNH ticked higher as Sino-U.S. tensions re: Taiwan/tech sector resurfaced, while China's industrial profits growth proved uneven, with upstream industries leaving downstream ones behind amid surging input prices.
- KRW: USD/KRW crept higher on the back of broader risk aversion, even as South Korea's consumer confidence improved in September.
- IDR: USD/IDR advanced to a two-week high, with the risk-sensitive rupiah pressured by defensive flows.
- MYR: USD/MYR edged higher in tandem with most USD/Asia crosses, with little of note in the way of local headline flow.
- THB: The baht went offered, even as the decline in Thailand's m'fing production index was shallower than forecast. Political uncertainty surrounding PPRP infighting and measures against the opposition may have amplified pressure to the THB.
- PHP: USD/PHP edged higher despite some upbeat comments from BSP Gov Diokno, who noted that there are already "concrete" signs of recovery.