Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- PEMEX confirms refinery fire in Minatitlan, Veracruz state in its fuel storage tanks and says it is responding. Emergency crews are at the site and personnel and nearby residents have not been evacuated.
- Foreign Min Ebrard plans US trip to secure 2.7m Astrazeneca vaccine doses.
- Deputy FM Delgado noted that the U.S. government recognised Mexico's need to be able to access vaccines quickly in the months of April, May and June before more shipments from its portfolio of suppliers start arriving.
- Delgado remains confident U.S. could provide more doses due to deep ties between the North American trade bloc and risks for the region if Mexico falls far behind
- Mex & Brazil health regulators said they would not limit the use of AstraZeneca vaccines after the UK's advisory committee recommended no using it for under 30s, citing rare blood clot risks.
- Mex regulator says it is investigating the UK's information. Mex has acquired 3.5m Astra vaccines – some thorough a loan deal with the US
- President AMLO says he spoke with US VP Harris overnight. Says there is willingness on Mexico's side to address human trafficking and protecting human rights, particularly for children