Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
FED: Q&A continued:
- Q: Fiscal headwind impact?
- A: Slack in the economy does play some small role, we have some impact on
that. If low inflation not transient, then that's something we take into
consideration. (Doesn't really answer question)
- Q: Could economic expansion last 20-25 years? Would recession during your
tenure considered a failure?
- A: Powell cites Australia non-recession streak, says 'possible'.
- Q: Parallels to 90s?
- A: Similarities in length, but different. 'Interesting' to look at the history
but in our own cycle we face our own set of challenges
- Q: Political pressure (Trump's comments on rate cuts) impact on policy?
- A: We are non-political, don't think about or discuss short-term political
considerations. Boilerplate about dual mandate. For the past 10 days, FOMC
members will have made extensive preparation for the meeting, talking to 1000s
of market participants etc.