Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
STOCKS: Regional Asia-Pacific equities continued to struggle for upside impetus
in the wake of the pressure that global equities experienced Thursday.
- The Nikkei 225 traded 0.6% lower, with the JPY holding on to most of
Thursday's gains during the session. On a sectoral basis, IT led the way lower
with materials and energy names also struggling after the pressure on oil & base
metals observed Thursday. Financials were the outperformer as they continued to
benefit from the move higher in yields earlier this week.
- The Hang Seng continued to falter as the hard-line U.S.-China rhetoric dragged
on, with chatter of Chinese corporate espionage in play Thursday. The index last
trades 0.4% lower.
- The ASX bucked the trend once again, adding 0.2% as consumer staples led the
- U.S. index futures managed to register modest gains as Tsy yields stabilised.