- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Retreating Alongside Other Safe Havens With 2-/5-Yr Supply Eyed
Treasuries dropped sharply between ~0315-0400ET in European trading alongside other safe havens, but other than that has been a fairly quiet overnight session to start the week (flat trade in Asia-Pac amid Japan holiday).
- Vaccine optimism remains the theme w AZN/Oxtord efficacy results out earlier (0200ET) w global equities advancing and USD retreating. Supply also eyed with 2-Yr and 5-Yr Note auctions later.
- Dec 10-Yr futures (TY) down 4.5/32 at 138-11.5 (L: 138-09 / H: 138-17.5)
- The 2-Yr yield is up 0.4bps at 0.1614%, 5-Yr is up 1.3bps at 0.3844%, 10-Yr is up 2.3bps at 0.8472%, and 30-Yr is up 2.8bps at 1.5472%.
- Chicago Fed Oct nat'l activity index at 0830ET; prelim Nov PMIs at 0945ET.
- A few Fed speakers today; again COVID/econ outlook and Tsy lending facility expiration likely in focus: Richmond's Barkin at 1230ET, SF's Daly at 1300ET, Chicago's Evans at 1500ET.
- Busy supply schedule in a holiday-shortened week. We get $56B 2-Yr Note sale at 1130ET, alongside $51B of 26-wk bills, and $57B 5-Yr Note auction at 1300ET, alongside $54B in 13-wk bills. NY Fed buys ~$1.750B of 20-30-Yr Tsys.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.