Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Northern Cape Premier Zamani Saul warns the Radical Economic Transformation (RET) faction could be the start of a new political movement likely to splinter from the ANC.
- RET faction (led by ANC SG & ex-President Zuma) is said to be mobilising in opposition to the ANC's latest attempt to get its criminally-charged members – including Ace Magashule – to step aside by the end of the month.
- These are the first rumours of a split in the ANC, coming as Ramaphosa tightens the screws on opponent Magahule
- LINK: https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2021-04-07...
- Parliament finalises list of MPs forming the committee assessing Public Protector Mkhwebane's fitness to hold office.
- 26-member committee – 11 with voting rights – from 14 parties.
- While ANC MPs dominate on the list, it is a representative panel, with a mix of voting members that have both publicly supported and condemned the Public Protector.
- Mkhwebane has been accused of incompetence, maladministration and abuse of power.
- No RET members will be allowed on the committee (another indication of her perceived alignment to Ace Magashule).
- SCOPA gives Eskom 90 days (July 6th) to complete its investigation into allegations of racism and abuse of power against CEO de Ruyter.
- Scopa was not happy that Eskom had delayed the investigation by over a year, but agreed to halt its own investigations so as to not do double work – BusinessTech