Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
European Commission VP Maros Sefcovic tweets: "The provisional application of the Trade and Cooperation Agreement to be extended until 30 April, as confirmed today by @michaelgove's letter. This extension is to allow for the conclusion of the Agreement in all 24 authenticated languages."
- Extension had been widely expected, and means that the deal governing the relationship between the EU and the UK will continue to be applied, even though it has not yet been ratified.
- The European Parliament and member state parliaments do not have the power to block the extension of the TCA's provisional application.
- Agreed between Sefcovic and UK Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove at the joint committee on the Withdrawal Agreement earlier today.