Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- CLP and COP two of the poorest performing currencies on Thursday. As well as the stronger greenback, heavy copper and oil prices have acted as headwinds, combining with fragile political backdrops.
- USDMXN, after spiking to 20.62 during the European session, has remained between the 38.2% and 50% Fib retracements of the March-June sell-off. 20.2421, the 100-day MA should act as a primary short-term support for the pair.
- The Brazilian Real has shown great resilience throughout the session, firming 0.59%, in the face of weaker commodities and a stronger dollar. Although USDBRL has been unable to crack 5.00, the resilience following the hawkish central bank proves the psychological support may come under pressure in sessions to come.
- USDMXN up 0.25% at 20.4437
- USDBRL down 0.59% at 5.0253
- USDCLP up 1.47% at 737.55
- USDCOP up 0.95% at 3713.35
- Bbg Dollar Index up 0.51% at 1139.56
- JPMorgan EM Ccy Index down 0.54% at 57.128
- WTI Crude Oil (front-month) down $1.11 (-1.54%) at $71.06
- Gold is down $33.13 (-1.83%) at $1778.47
- Copper Futures down 20.9 (-4.77%) at 417.60
- US 10-Yr yield is down 6.6 bps at 1.5091%