Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- In the past few weeks, we have seen that the deceleration in 'global liquidity' (annual change in major CB assets) has led to a halt in the momentum on mega-cap growth stocks; FANG+ index has been moving sideways its their peaked reached in mid-February, oscillating between 6,000 and 7,000.
- Since the start of the year, investors have been arguing that the rise in inflation was going to result in a 'Great Rotation' from tech and growth stocks to value stocks, which have been constantly underperforming in the past cycle.
- Interestingly, this chart (source: BoA) shows that the 6-week cumulative outflow in tech stocks has been the largest since January 2019 (following strong selloff in Q4 2018).
- With recent 'hawkish' tone from US policymakers, rising uncertainty, contracting Chinese liquidity and increasing outflows, are tech stocks under pressure in the near to medium term?