Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI Research
- About Us
FOREX: The AUD trades flat against the USD at 0.7756, while it has lost ground
against the NZD & JPY.
- In AUDUSD bulls now look for a close above $0.7819 to confirm breaks of 100 &
200-DMAs to ease bearish pressure and above $0.7910 to initially target $0.7989.
Bears now look for a close below $0.7694 to add weight to their case.
- AUDNZD has reportedly been pressured by fund selling in an attempt to trigger
a barrier option at 1.0650 (1.0665 last).
- Next week's tier 1 risk events for the AUD include the RBA decision, a speech
from RBA Gov. Lowe & Australian Q4 GDP data.
- NZD has garnered support from the aforementioned AUDNZD flow, with the NZDUSD
now printing 20 pips or so higher at 0.7270. Technicals point to a potential
bullish key day reversal for the NZDUSD after the bounce from ahead of the
200-DMA. Bulls continue to look for a close above $0.7272 and above $0.7385 to
target $0.7438-0.7558. Bears still need a close below the 200-DMA to hint at a
move back to $0.6952 and then $0.6779 2017 lows. The Bollinger base is noted at
$0.7181 and is the key concern for bears.