Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
DOLLAR-CANADA: The CAD has taken a hit on Gary Cohn's resignation, USDCAD last
trades at 1.2925, back from highs of 1.2960, with today's BoC decision providing
the immediate event risk.
- The BoC is exp. to stand pat, with Trump's tariffs set to support the BoC
- CAD has been on the back foot since early Jan, with Q4 GDP missing the "data-
dependent" BoC's forecasts on Friday.
- Discussion surrounding the increased tough trade rhetoric out of the US will
also be eyed in the statement.
- Some notable resistance levels have been cleared, with the next level of
interest through the figure at 1.3002, the high from 05 Mar, and then the upper
2% volatility band at the higher 1.3060 level and the 6 month channel top at
$1.3085. Meanwhile, key downside levels lie between 1.2869-1.2854, as this area
now protects against a deeper fall and correction of gains from 1.2615.
- Traders also await an address from BoC Deputy Governor Lane on Thursday.