Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
STOCKS: The Nikkei 225 came under pressure as the JPY crosses were subjected to
some hedging flow which promoted some modest JPY strength, and reversed the
index's early gains, and more, as consumer staples provided the most weight on a
sectoral basis. Conversely the financial sector was the outperformer,
benefitting from the higher yield environment triggered by U.S. Tsys. The Index
last trades 0.7% lower.
- The Hang Seng felt the brunt of geopolitical tensions between the U.S. & China
in the South China Sea, with the Chinese mainland still observing a market
holiday, shedding 1.7%.
- Australia's ASX 200 bucked the regional trend, adding 0.5%, as the heavyweight
energy and materials sectors moved higher, alongside the financial sector.
- U.S. index futures continued to edge lower, following the late yield inspired
sell off on Wednesday