Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
KIWI: The NZD initially knee-jerked higher as the RBNZ removed its language re:
next move in the cash rate could be up or down, now stressing data dependence,
- The Bank's inflation outlook has been revised slightly higher, although the
Bank highlighted its willingness to look through an uptick in inflation driven
by higher fuel prices.
- The Bank still expects GDP to move higher in 2019, highlighting temporary
factors in Q2, with business confidence and investment still a concern, pointing
to downside risks to its growth projections.
- Bank's OCR track now looking for a hike in Q2 2020 (prev. Q3 2020).
- NZD/USD back to pre-announcement levels, last $0.6785, after topping out at
$0.6814 on the initial reaction to the decision. Bulls continue to look for a
close above $0.6800, with bears needing a move below the Nov 02 high at $0.6690.
- Focus now move's to RBNZ Gov. Orr's press conference.