Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
US TSY/RECAP: Thurs provided another volatile day for the space, with T-Notes
going out near their post-MNI ECB Sources/Twist story highs, after early dealing
saw heavy carry-over selling as Tsy yields climbed to multi-year highs on the
back of strong U.S. data & hawkish rhetoric from Fed Chair Powell Weds,
accelerating as 10-Year yields breached 3.2% during Asia-Pac hours Thurs.
- Tsy futures bounced sharply on the back of an MNI Sources story which
intimated that the ECB is said to be pondering "a possible Twist-like
reinvestment of its maturing debt portfolios next year," spurring Bund buying,
with Tsys close behind, allowing the curve to finish a touch steeper on the day.
- US equities cratered, adding to the mid-morning bounce in rates, as weak EM
shares alongside Chinese corporate espionage reports weighed.
- Ongoing flattener unwinds were seen, with huge Tsy & Eurodollar option flow
apparent from Asia-Pac trade through U.S. hours, and some profit taking on long
put positions noted. Implieds steady/mildly weaker ahead of Friday's NFP report.
- Focus Friday falls on NFPs, as well as addresses from Fed's Kaplan & Bostic.
- T-Notes last 117.28+, U.S. 10-Year cash Tsy yields closed at 3.187%.