Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
DOLLAR-CANADA: USD/CAD has been the early mover this week, with the CAD
benefiting from reports/comments pointing to the nearing of a NAFTA deal,
however various officials have noted that some hurdles still remain.
- BBG sources have indicated that the Trump admin is growing increasingly
confident that a trilateral NAFTA deal may be published by the Sunday midnight
- U.S. TR Lighthizer indicated that there will be news on NAFTA over the next 24
hours, but in a Sunday address highlighted that dairy & Chapter 19 issues
remained sticking points.
- USD/CAD last deals at C$1.2850, off of lows of C$1.2837.
- This comes after CAD was comfortably the best performer in G10 FX on Friday,
underpinned by the near 2% rally in WTI futures as the rally in energy
re-correlated with CAD.
- The pair has breached the September 20 low & 200-DMA (C$1.2885/69), with bears
now looking to channel base support (C$1.2792). Bulls need to reclaim the