Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sterling continues to weaken in the Asia-Pac session. GBP/USD last down 65 pips at 1.3520. The pair touched levels as high as 1.3264 on Thursday.
- There has been no significant news flow, some of the weakness can be attributed to money coming off the table ahead of year end.
- There is still hope from some a Brexit deal can be reached, Ireland's Deputy Prime Minister Varadkar was the latest to weigh in saying both sides are edging towards a Brexit trade deal and he thinks both sides will want to get a deal by Christmas.
- However comments from UK Prime Minister Johnson were not so optimistic. He said the EU needs to substantially soften its stance on fisheries to secure a deal. European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said there was progress big differences remain and noted fisheries as a sticking point.
- Key support lies at 1.3135, Dec 11 low. A firm support lies at 1.3341, the 20-day EMA