February 03, 2023 05:14 GMT
USD Firmer In Asia
The USD is trading on the front foot in the Asian session, BBDXY is up ~0.2%.
- JPY is marginally outperforming its G-10 peers, USD/JPY is down ~0.1%. Support was seen in the pair below ¥128.50.
- AUD/USD is down ~0.2%, AUD is the weakest performer in G-10 space at the margins. Aussie was pressured after a stronger than forecast Caixin Services PMI print, before paring losses after falling as much as 0.5% to last deal $0.7060/65.
- NZD/USD was also pressured post the Caixin Services PMI print, Kiwi pared losses as support came in ahead of $0.6460 and currently deals close to unchanged from NY closing levels.
- EUR/USD is down ~0.2% and is below the 1.09 handle. GBP/USD is ~0.1% softer.
- Cross asset wise; US Equities futures are lower, NASDAQ futures down ~1.5% after earnings from Apple, Amazon and Alphabet were below expectations. US Treasury yields are marginally lower, 10YY are down 2bps.
- In Europe today we have Eurozone Services and Composite PMIs and PPI. Further out January NFP headlines, also on the wires is ISM Services Survey and US Composite and Services PMIs.