Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
DOLLAR-YEN: USD/JPY last deals at Y111.43, 6 pips lower on the day, after
fluctuating within a 17 pip range overnight. The Nikkei 225 is gyrating around
unchanged levels at typing.
- BoJ Gov Kuroda told Japanese lawmakers that the BOJ will patiently maintain
its easy policy to achieve the 2% price target while keeping a close eye on
associated risks. For our highlights from his speech, see MNI Main Wire at 01:58
BST 04/04, or contact email@example.com for access.
- On the technical front, after the pair peaked just above the 200-DMA at
Y111.49 ahead of the Tokyo fix, bears look for a lift through the figure, before
shifting focus to the down trendline from Nov 28 at Y111.54, followed by the
Y112.00 mark. Meanwhile, bears eye the 100-HMA at Y110.23 and below here opens
the 21-DMA, situated 5 pips above Y110.00.
- Worth noting $968mln worth of options with strikes at Y111.50 expire at
today`s 1000ET NY cut.
- Japanese economic calendar is virtually empty towards the end of this week.