Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USD/RUB opens higher above 73.00 as threats of new sanctions surrounding Navalny and Nord Stream 2 rattle positive RUB sentiment following the constructive Biden-Putin meeting last week.
- Oil markets kick the week off marginally in the green, holding above $73.50/bbl as signs of a delay in the Iran Nuclear deal become clearer against a stronger global demand backdrop.
- USD/RUB trades +1.71% higher vs last Monday, having failed to move below 71.50 with broad risk aversion hurting EMFX.
- Despite this, RUB outperformed peers ZAR & TRY by some distance, showing its relative resilience to souring risk conditions.
- With limited data on the agenda this week, geopolitics and USD-side factors are likely to dominate price action this week.
- Intraday Sup1: 73.0182, Sup2: 72.6637, Res1: 73.3652, Res2: 73.5483