Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USD/RUB trades +1.43% higher this morning, driven by a 4% sell-off in oil markets and broad risk aversion across global markets.
- Price action gapped higher at the open, moving above the July highs with an eye now on March-April levels in the 76-78 zone.
- Fears of extensive demand destruction for oil markets on further lockdowns should keep RUB on the backfoot for now and markets will likely look to OPEC+ to backtrack its commitments for supply increases in December.
- Threats of EU sanctions from Merkel regarding the Belarus situation are also of concern, but seem unlikely to materialise in the absence of a major escalation by Russia, given Germany's urgent gas supply situation.
- USD/RUB should continue to trade in line with global risk and oil market developments today.
- Intraday Sup1: 75.2853, Sup2: 75.0630, Res1: 75.9104, Res2: 76.3553