Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- ZAR opens on the front foot this morning as broad-based $ selling drives the pair back towards the 14.00 handle.
- Phase 2 vaccine rollout started on a positive note, but whether it can expand sufficiently to meet Health Dept goals, given the slow progress thus far, is another story.
- Government blinking first in wage negotiations, offering a 1.5% increase and cash bonus strengthens union positioning in discussions and adds risks to SA's fiscal consolidation goals.
- However, Govt has reiterated that it cannot do any real increases and still has space to manoeuvre – so lots of discussion still to come.
- SA CPI in focus tomorrow ahead of Thursday's SARB (hold), expected to print closer to the 4.5% midpoint of the SARB's range, but unlikely to change its assessment of inflation pressures as broadly balanced.
- Commodities trading mixed: gold + 0.10%, platinum -0.10%.
- Intraday Sup1: 13.9844, Sup2: 13.952, Res1: 14.0768, Res2: 15.1536