Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EURO: With European equity markets now open, Spanish banks are taking the brunt
of the sell off following the Catalan election late yesterday, which resulted in
pro-independence parties holding a slim majority.
- The negative sentiment is evidenced in Spanish bond markets this morning with
yields rising across the curve which has, in turn, filtered through to the euro.
- Lows in EUR/USD were printed overnight at $1.1817, but a fresh wave of selling
alongside the European equity open pressed the pair to $1.1849.
- Of note, E1.09bln of option expiries at $1.18 are due to roll off at today's
- Any response from Madrid will be carefully eyed today ahead of the US PCE &
durable goods data at 1330GMT.