Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- On Tuesday, economic data showed that PPI inflation rose slightly lower than expected by 5.9% YoY in June (vs. 6.1% exp.), up from 5.1% the previous month.
- As opposed to Poland, which is trying to keep interest rates low in order to stimulate the economic recovery, the CNB has started a tightening cycle last month and is expected to raise its benchmark rate by another 25bps to 0.75% at its next meeting on August 5.
- CPI inflation has been decelerating slightly in the recent two months and is currently standing below the 3% CNB upper tolerance band.
- USDCZK ticks lower this morning after finding a local high at 21.86 yesterday; support to watch on the downside stands at 21.68 (200DMA), followed by 21.49 (100DMA). On the topside, first resistance stands at 21.92, followed by 22.
- Czech 10Y yield has been retracing lower in recent days, breaking below its 50DMA at 1.70% this morning; next support to watch on the downside stands at 1.60%. On the topside, ST resistance to watch stands at 1.78%, followed by 1.80%.