Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
STOCKS: A SCMP source piece which noted that "the U.S. and China have
tentatively agreed to another truce in their trade war in order to resume talks
aimed at resolving the dispute" leant support to regional equity markets during
Asia-Pacific hours after a fairly lacklustre start, which came after a near flat
session for Wall St. While the SCMP piece revealed little new (very similar to a
BBG sources piece earlier this week), the market reaction reiterates the broader
market's relatively pessimistic expectations heading into the G20 summit.
- The ASX 200 underperformed as the real estate and utility sectors struggled,
although the heavyweight energy and materials sectors fared well.
- Nikkei 225 +0.8%, Hang Seng +1.0%, CSI 300 +1.0%, ASX 200 unch.
- S&P 500 futures +8, DJIA futures +53, NASDAQ 100 futures +30.