Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
FRBNY EFFR for prior session:
- Daily Effective Fed Funds Rate: 0.10% volume: $64B
- Daily Overnight Bank Funding Rate: 0.08% volume: $226B
- Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR): 0.05%, $998B
- Broad General Collateral Rate (BGCR): 0.05%, $393B
- Tri-Party General Collateral Rate (TGCR): 0.05%, $347B
- (rate, volume levels reflect prior session)
- Credit Suisse contributor Zoltan Pozsar says the repriced facility as "too generous" and will quickly become a "big problem for banks" as the "banking system is going from being asset constrained (deposits flooding in, but nowhere to lend them but to the Fed), to being liability constrained (deposits slipping away and nowhere to replace them but in the money market)."
- "So the sterilization of reserves begins, and so the o/n RRP facility turns from a largely passive tool that provided an interest rate floor to the deposits that large banks have been pushing away, into an active tool that "sucks" the deposits away that banks decided to retain."
- Quick-take: Zoltan sees LIBOR-OIS re-widening "unless the Fed lowers the o/n RRP rate!"