Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
EU: After halting Albania and N. Macedonia's accession talks, France proposes
new EU accession procedure in 'non-paper' circulated around other EU member
- Would replace the process of candidate meeting all 35 chapters of 'acquis'
(rules and regs) then accession treaty being drawn up with 7-stage process with
"stringent conditions in order to effectively converge towards European norms
- Also includes "reversability", which would allow EU to walk away from
accession talks if the country in question is seen to backslide on reforms.
- Debate still raging in EU and between member states. Accession could be the
next big point of contention within the bloc.
- France more inclined to block further expansion until the EU has undergone
significant reform, while Germany supports allowing accession countries to
proceed in talks in order to provide a policy anchor.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.