Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
BOE: ANALYST VIEWS (1/2)
- All analysts expect a 9-0 vote in favour of keeping rates on hold at 0.75% and
the stock of QE unchanged. The only analyst report that we have seen that points
even to the slightest possibility of any dissent was from Morgan Stanley who see
a low probability that Saunders could hawkishly dissent.
- The main focus in the statement is how much weight the MPC put on the global
slowdown. Analysts expect growth forecasts to be either unchanged or revised
down a little, with weak external demand somewhat offset by the 0.3pp increase
to growth across the forecast horizon from looser fiscal policy.
- Analysts are generally expecting some downward revisions to near-term (2019)
inflation forecasts due to the fall in oil prices in the Inflation Report.
- Most analysts expect medium-term inflation forecasts to be largely unchanged
but some see risks to the upside given lower rates and/or building domestic cost