Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
STOCKS: Asia-Pacific stocks played catch up to their US counterparts following
Wall St.'s rally as traders downplayed US President Trump's latest batch of
trade related rhetoric.
- Japanese stocks also benefitted from a softer JPY as the Nikkei 225 traded
2.2% higher. Exporters led the way after yesterday's sell off.
- The Hang Seng traded ~1.4% higher at the lunch break with energy & IT names
leading the way.
- Chinese mainland shares shook off the lack of liquidity injections from the
PBoC and benefitted from news that China is to relax & remove its foreign
shareholding limit, and will revise its foreign investment negative list this
year. However the space lagged regional counterparts with the CSI 300 last
trading 0.2% higher.
- Australia's ASX 200 traded 1.2% higher, led by the Materials & Energy sectors.
- US Index futures were more reluctant to trade higher, managing modest gains at
the time of writing.