Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
A calmer start for market when you compare to the very busy start of the week.
- This is not too surprising given investors and market participants turning their attention towards the ECB meeting and Presser.
- It could be an interesting one, with new opening statement format, Strategy review, forward guidance, inflation target.
- Bund is flat on the session and so is the curve.
- Peripheral spreads are mostly tighter, with Spain, Italy and Portugal leading by 0.7bp.
- Gilts were mostly better offered ahead of Broadbent (neutral) speech titled ``Mismatch'.
- There was nothing new to get excited about, noted that inflation was likely transitory, and had to watch data closely.
- With the lack of anything hawkish, Gilts are back in positive territory, up 5 ticks at the time of typing.
- US Treasuries have been better offered this morning on the risk on tone.
- Tnotes tested through yesterday's low, but found some demand at 133.30, and now trades at 134.02.
- Looking ahead, ECB rate and presser, US data include IJC, the most notable one.