- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI DATA FORECASTS: EZ Inflation, US Payrolls In Focus
Awaiting Fiscal Developments
Tsys have clawed back late Thursday losses as we - yet again - await further political developments ahead of the long weekend.
- Fairly quiet trading in Asia despite the return of China from holidays, with Tsys ticking up from late NY lows, and edging higher in European trade as equities faded earlier gains, though within limited ranges.
- The 2-Yr yield is down 0.4bps at 0.1469%, 5-Yr is down 1.1bps at 0.3262%, 10-Yr is down 2bps at 0.7654%, and 30-Yr is down 2bps at 1.5663%. Dec 10-Yr futures (TY) down 0.5/32 at 138-29 (L: 138-24.5 / H: 138-30.5.
- Most attention of course will be paid on any fiscal developments in D.C. and, perhaps, further wrangling over Pres debate scheduling. Meanwhile, House Speaker Pelosi holds a press conference at 1015ET to discuss a new "Commission on Presidential Capacity" (ref 25th Amendment).
- Only data is Aug wholesale inventories at 1000ET.
- The last scheduled Fed speaker until next Wednesday is Richmond's Barkin, who appears at 0900ET.
- No supply. NY Fed buys ~$8.825B of 2.25Y-4.5Y Tsys.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.