Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
USD/THB firmed up at the re-open, as greenback appreciation drove a move higher in USD/Asia. The spot last trades +7 pips at THB30.10, with bulls looking to take out the 50-DMA (THB30.21), sandwiched between Jan 12 high of THB30.19 & Dec 24 high of THB30.24. The nearby presence of the 23.6% recovery of the Jul - Dec 2020 sell-off at THB30.26 adds to the importance of this area. Bears look for a dip through trendline support at THB29.92, which would open up Jan 4 & 5 lows of THB29.84.
- Friday saw the BoT warn that it may need to revise its 2021 GDP estimate lower, as the latest Covid-19 outbreak weighs on economic recovery.
- Thai PM Prayuth wrote in a Facebook post that no Covid-19 jab will be rolled out in Thailand before it is proven safe.
- Thai Customs Office will release the trade report for Dec this Friday.