Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Spot USD/IDR tumbled to its worst levels in 5 months, owing to the rupiah's sensitivity to moves in U.S. Tsy yields. The pair last trades -50 figs at IDR14,168, after forming a death cross earlier this week. Bears looking for a further sell-off past May 10 low of IDR14,145. Conversely, bulls would get some relief, should USD/IDR rally past Oct 12/13 highs, both at IDR14,224.
- USD/IDR 1-month NDF last seen -40 figs at IDR14,192. On the downside, May 7 low of IDR14,133 provides the initial target. On the flip side, bulls keep an eye on the 50-DMA at IDR14,342.
- Indonesian Pres Widodo said Wednesday that the nation intends to eventually stop exporting crude palm oil and switch to shipping refined products instead.
- Indonesia confirmed its readiness to reopen the Bali airport to visitors from 19 selected low-risk countries today, but it is unclear if many travellers will head to the island as long as strict safety measures remain in place.
- Participants look ahead to the release of Indonesia's trade data tomorrow.