Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Banxico may have to hike rates before Fed (BBG)
- Economic recovery requires changes to monetary policy (BBG)
- Asked in an interview with Bloomberg News if she thought further monetary easing is off the table, Deputy central bank Governor Irene Espinosa said, "Yes, I think so, definitely in this context."
- For reference, it has been suggested that Espinosa may be a slight leaning hawk, having voiced concerns over domestic core inflation pressures as well as increasing global inflation expectations. The slightly more dovish members being AMLO appointees, Jonathan Heath and Gerardo Esquivel, given their rhetoric over the previous months and relating to split decisions over whether to cut rates.
- The minutes from Banxico's May meeting will be published on 27th May.