Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
LATAM FX: With the Bloomberg Dollar Index reaching it's highest level since December 21st, LatAm currencies are under pressure:
- USDMXN retains bullish undertone approaching best levels of session at 20.5158. A closing of the weekend gap would require a move back to 20.5911.
- USDBRL has filled the gap from the open and now trades marginally positive on the day at 5.4741. Noted strong resistance above at 5.5262.
- Hacienda Dollar Auctions being called have been unable to halt the reversal higher in USDCLP, obviously partially offset by the central bank buying their 40mil USDs.
- Worth noting for those that follow, FyF changed their signal to red on Friday, indicating that a change in recommendation may be imminent. Despite being towards the top end of foreign allocation of 70% in their advice, multiple analysts have not ruled out moving to 80% creating further headwinds for the peso in the short term.