September 27, 2022 13:41 GMT
- "MPC not indifferent to repricing of financial assets"
- "MPC has a very good understanding of its mandate to maintain price stability and of its remit to return inflation to the 2% target"
- "Recent market developments have created additional challenges, but commitment to 2% target is unwavering."
- "The vehicle for making the necessary comprehensive assessment is through the Bank's assessment" for the MPR. In Pill's view fiscal will "add as a stimulus"
- "The better way to run monpol is to run a considered, lower frequency approach, and recognise what monpol can do and recognise its limitations as a fine tuning instrument."
- "will have 4 points on his personal view that is NOT the view of the MPC as a whole, and is conditional.
- "Have seen significant fiscal news that has had significant market consequences; significant impact on the outlook and this will require a significant monpol response."