Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
After Treasuries sold off in the Asia session following some headlines that the Omicron variant is only causing mild illness and headlines suggesting that it would not take too long to develop adapted booster doses if required. On the European open Bunds bounced higher, but have since given up these gains to also trade lower on the day.
- On the data front, we had Spanish HICP data in line (but the national print a tenth higher) while German state CPI data so far is coming in a bit on the high side, which is probably helping EGBs off their highs.
- Focus will continue to be on the Omicron reaction through the rest of the day.
- TY1 futures are down -0-11+ today at 130-26 with 10y UST yields up 6.3bp at 1.539% and 2y yields up 4.5bp at 0.546%.
- Bund futures are down -0.47 today at 171.87 with 10y Bund yields up 2.9bp at -0.309% and Schatz yields up 3.1bp at -0.798%.
- Gilt futures are down -0.55 today at 125.95 with 10y yields up 4.7bp at 0.869% and 2y yields up 4.4bp at 0.499%.